Play various kinds of media from almost any source online
Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
The VLC Media Player is a lightweight program designed specifically to support as many different video file formats as possible without requiring the user to hunt down codecs. Dealing with a dozen or so different formats for your video collection quickly takes the fun out of watching shows and movies on the computer. VLC offers BluRay decoding if your computer has the appropriate drive, and it supports the playback of HD files. There is no need to set aside a lot of hard drive space because the compact package requires little storage room or processing power.
This media player offers quite a few advanced features for a free program. The ability to view incomplete files and stream content from a variety of live providers will surprise you. Support for a range of TV cards is also integrated. Viewers that love international material will enjoy the easy subtitle support, which relies on the open source .SRT format. Of course, this program doubles as a solution for listening to all of your favorite music files as well. A graphic equalizer and visualization feature makes VLC a complete multimedia solution. It works equally well for both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Offers built-in support for .WAV, .REAL, .MP3, .MKV, .VOB, .FLAC, .DIVX, .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and many more video formats
- Allows for control of music and video files with easy to change hotkeys
- Skin support to give you a chance to adjust the visual look of your program
- Immediate download and installation of necessary codecs begins when a new file is loaded
- Interface is rather basic, but features you might need regularly are hidden in menus that are hard to find
- Mac version of the program has a better looking interface and more advanced controls than the PC version
A high-def media player that also features BitTorrent support
Method of playing games and videos online
A popular music video that plays a range of formats
Watch any torrented, downloaded, or purchased video from all players